Want a whole bunch of breakfast for dinner ideas? Get inspo from these dietitian-approved ideas, many of which also work for healthy breakfast on the go meals!
I’ll be the first to admit that breakfast is my all-time-favorite meal of the day. I love starting my morning off with a strong cup of coffee or tea and noshing on some oatmeal, eggs, or even a smoothie.
And while some breakfast foods might not be the healthiest (looking at you, sugary cereal), there are plenty of oh-so-good-for-you options. So why save them just for your morning meal?
Start up those frying pans, and let’s get started!
Dietitian Ideas for Breakfast for Dinner
I’m dishing out dozens of breakfast recipes that make for delicious, hearty dinners, too. You’ll find everything from healthy versions of pancakes to savory quiches and beyond.
- Colorful Tempeh Breakfast Scramble from Denise Barratt, RD, nutrition blogger at Vine Ripe Nutrition
- Overnight Barley Breakfast Bowl from my own kitchen
- Chilaquiles with Chicken and Queso Fresco from Lindsey Pine, MS, RDN, CLT, author of Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Cookbook
- Vegetarian Lentils with Egg Toast from my own kitchen
- Ricotta Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Reduction from my own kitchen
- Gluten-Free Egg Casserole with Salmon & Tomato from my own kitchen
More Ideas for Breakfast for Dinner
Want more breakfast for dinner ideas? Use these:
Healthier Twists on the Classic Pancake Recipe
Think of pancakes, and you probably imagine white, fluffy spheres covered in sugary syrup and/or chocolate chips. And while these toppings are oh-so-delicious, they aren’t the best way to start or end your day (re: they’re a sugar crash waiting to happen).
So next time you’re firing up the griddle, swap your usual boxed mix with one of the healthy pancake recipes in this Everyday Health article. I bet you’ll love my fruity and moist version!
More Healthy Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
Who said breakfast has to be eaten before 11 a.m.? The breakfast recipes from my colleagues and I, featured in this KSL.com article, are packed with fiber and protein to keep you satisfied throughout the night—because nothing’s worse than waking up hungry at 4 a.m. You can bet I’ll be making the shakshuka tomorrow night!
- Shahzadi Devje, RD, CDE, MSc, owner of Desi~licious
- Denise Barratt, RD, nutrition blogger at Vine Ripe Nutrition
- Colleen Christensen, RD, founder of No Food Rules
- Alena Kharlamenko, RD, nutrition blogger at Alena Menko
- Lindsey Pine, MS, RDN, CLT, author of Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep Cookbook
- Christie Gagnon, RD, owner of Hoorah to Health
- Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN, author of Plant Powered for Life
- Peggy Krody, RD, nutrition blogger at RD 4 Health
- Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
- Erin Cooper, RD, nutrition blogger at Cashews and Quinoa
- Kaitlin Williams Eckstein, MPH, RD, a dietitian at Rebecca Bitzer & Associates
- 10 Healthier Twists on the Classic Pancake Recipe,
- Breakfast For Dinner, Anyone? Here Are 17 Healthy Recipes,
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. This blog post may contain affiliate you!
I’d love to hear from you! What are your go-to breakfast for dinner ideas?
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of my fave tip sheets, cookbooks, kitchen products, and more!
Also check out my Etsy shop! Use code 10PERCENT for 10% off!
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, you can support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you so much.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of plant-based meal plans, grocery lists, recipe books, and more!