- September 9, 2022
- by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
- 0 Comments
No-Bake Brie Appetizer with Wild Blueberries
This no-bake brie appetizer with wild blueberry jam is the easiest, most delicious recipe to serve at your next gathering!
My go-to recipe for a party, even if it’s in your own home with just your immediate family?
It’s this no-bake brie appetizer with wild blueberries. It’s really the perfect entertaining recipe that’ll impress your friends and family, and there’s no puff pastry required.
Plus, it’s ready in just a few minutes.
And if you’re wondering what to serve with brie, I have you covered on that front, too! Go ahead and slice into the creamy interior of this delish brie topped with jam. Then take a look at the 18 healthy entertaining recipes I’ve gathered for you.
The ingredients for this no-bake brie appetizer are pretty simple:
Brie: You’ll need one brie wheel to make this recipe. You could sub in Camembert, if you’d like.
Wild blueberry jam: I used Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam. You could also make your own jam, if you’d like.
Pistachios: These are optional, but I think it’s fun to add crunch to the top of the brie. Plus, pistachios boast healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
Helpful kitchen tools
These tools will make it super easy to whip up this no-bake brie appetizer!
Making this no-bake brie appetizer is super easy.
To put together this appetizer, all you have to do is take a brie wheel out of its package, open up a jar of jam, and spread it on top of the brie.
I like to serve this cheese plate at room temperature. You can top the bloomy rind (yes, you can eat the rind of this soft ripened cheese!) with chopped pistachios for some crunch!
I like to serve this recipe with sliced pears or apples.
If you have any of this French cheese delight left over (and I doubt you will!), you can simply wrap it up in plastic wrap for tomorrow. Or you can serve it on top of salad!
You definitely don’t have to bake brie to enjoy it! One of my favorite ways to serve it is topped with jam and chopped nuts. You can also eat it with sliced apples or pears.
You have many options! You can serve baked brie, you can add brie to a cheese plate with other cheeses, or you can make this no-bake brie appetizer––which is brie topped with jam and pistachios.
Many delicious jams pair so well with brie! You can choose a wild blueberry jam, a no-pectin blueberry jam, or a prune and onion jam.
The rind on brie is totally edible! It serves as a protective layer for the wheel of brie during production and has a soft earthy flavor.
More healthy party recipes
If you enjoy this no-bake brie appetizer, you’ll also like this list of go-to nutritious recipes from my registered dietitian colleagues that are sure to satisfy a crowd but also help you stick to your healthy eating style.
Many of them utilize store-bought ingredients to make your life easier.
Go ahead and give these healthy entertaining recipes a try. Then let me know which of these quick and healthy recipes is your favorite!
- Sundried Tomato Basil Strata from Stephanie McKercher, RD, author of The College Vegetarian Cookbook
- Mushroom and Sausage Polenta Bruschetta from E.A. Stewart, RD, healthy food blogger at Spicy RD Nutrition
- Veggie Quiche Patties from Liz Weiss, RD, co-author of The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers
- Easy Coffee Cake Muffins from my own kitchen
- Lupini Bean Salad from my own kitchen
- Almond Granola Cups from Tracee Yablon Brenner, RD, co-author of Simple Food for Busy Families
- Heart-Healthy Salmon Stacks from Peggy Korody, RD, CLT, a dietitian in Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Asparagus with Tarragon Vinaigrette from Lisa Cicciarello Andrews, RD, author of Heart Healthy Meal Prep
- White Bean Pizza from my own kitchen
- Chimichurri Smashed Potatoes from Stephanie McKercher
- Sweet Potato Blueberry Baked Oatmeal from Sarah Schlichter, RD, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
- Veggie Breakfast Casserole from Alyssa Ashmore, RD, nutrition blogger at Alyssa Ashmore Nutrition
- Yogurt Veggie Dip from my own kitchen
- 4-Spice Basa Fillets from Shahzadi Devje, RD, nutrition blogger at Desi-licious RD
- Spaghetti Squash Fritatta from Kara Hockreiter, RD, food blogger at Byte Sized Nutrition
- Alphabet Pesto Veggie Omelet from Lyssie Lakatos, RD, and Tammy Lakatos Shames, RD, co-authors of Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure
- Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes from Nicole Stevens, RD, nutrition blogger at Lettuce Veg Out
- Healthy Crustless Quiche from Emily Kyle, RD, author of The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook
Now, here’s that easy no-bake brie appetizer recipe I promised you!
- Stephanie McKercher, RD, nutrition blogger at Grateful Grazer
- E.A. Stewart, RD, healthy food blogger at Spicy RD Nutrition
- Liz Weiss, RD, co-author of The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers
- Tracee Yablon Brenner, RD, co-author of Simple Food for Busy Families
- Peggy Korody, RD, CLT, a dietitian in Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Lisa Cicciarello Andrews, RD, creator of Lettuce Beet Hunger food pun tees
- Sarah Schlichter, RD, nutrition blogger at Bucket List Tummy
- Alyssa Ashmore, RD, nutrition blogger at Alyssa Ashmore Nutrition
- Shahzadi Devje, RD, nutrition blogger at Desi-licious RD
- Kara Hockreiter, RD, food blogger at Byte Sized Nutrition
- Lyssie Lakatos, RD, and Tammy Lakatos Shames, RD, co-authors of Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure
- Nicole Stevens, RD, nutrition blogger at Lettuce Veg Out
- Emily Kyle, RD, author of The 30-Minute Thyroid Cookbook
No-Bake Brie Appetizer with Wild Blueberry Jam
- 1 7- or 8-ounce wheel brie cheese
- ¼ cup wild blueberry jam or preserves (I used Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam)
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios, crumbled
- 2 pears or apples, thinly sliced
- Top brie with jam and pistachios.
- Serve with pears or apples. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know how you’re enjoying this brie recipe! What other brie cheese recipes do you love? Have you ever tried no-baked brie recipes before?
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, you can support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you so much.
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to get updates delivered straight to your inbox! Also, download my free 3-day vegan meal plan.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of plant-based meal plans, grocery lists, recipe books, and more!