- September 28, 2022
- Modified On: August 30, 2022
- by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
- 0 Comments
39 Recipes to Use Up Overripe Bananas
Have a whole bunch of brown bananas in your kitchen? Well, here are 39 healthy recipes to help you use up those overripe bananas!
I always seem to have at least a few brown bananas on my countertop. Are you with me?
If you have leftover overripe bananas or even bananas with black spots, don’t toss them! Instead, try these healthy and tasty ripe banana recipes to make use of each and every brown banana.
There’s no need to brown bananas go to waste. The fruit is packed with fiber and naturally sweet flavors that are delicious for breakfast, dessert, or snack time.
Now, here are 39 healthy overripe banana recipes for banana bread, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate banana ice cream, banana pudding, and more!
Mix into muffins or quickbreads
On their own, bananas with dark spots––those unsightly black spots or brown spots––aren’t so attractive. But the overripe bananas sure can make tasty breakfast delights, such as muffins or pancakes.
Go ahead and try these peanut butter banana creations and more. I’ve even got chocolate chip banana combos for you!
Mash into cookies and baked goods
Overripe bananas mashed into cookies adds natural sweetness to the baked goods and reduces the need for added sugar.
Blend into smoothies
What else can you do with spotted bananas? Um, how about healthy banana cake made with ripe bananas, as well as banana ice cream?
Just wait till your banana become overripe, then make these overripe bananas recipes!
Puree into ice cream
Overripe bananas make it possible to make healthy ice cream recipes with little or no added sugar!
If you have extra overripe bananas on hand, add the brown bananas to these healthy recipes to make delicious baked goods, smoothies, and more!
- Marisa Moore, RD, owner of Marisa Moore Nutrition
- Julie Kay Andrews, RD, nutrition blogger at The Gourmet RD
- Allison Speck Walker, RD, nutrition blogger at I Rock Health
- Laura Yautz, RD, nutrition blogger at Being Nutritious
- Christie Gagnon, RD, nutrition blogger at Hoorah to Health
- Sarah Gold Anzolar, RD, owner of Sarah Gold Nutrition
- Bonnie Taub-Dix, RD, author of Read it Before You Eat it
- Dara Garau, RD, food blogger at How to Eat
- Edwina Clark, RD, owner of Edwina Clark Nutrition
- Karman Meyer, RD, author of Eat to Sleep
- Shahzadi Devje, RD, owner of Desilicious RD
- Alena Kharlamenko, MS, RD, owner of Alena Kharlamenko Nutrition and Wellness
- Megan Byrd, RD, nutrition blogger at The Oregon Dietitian
- Kelsey Lorencz, RD, nutrition blogger at Eating with Heart
- Rosanne Rust, RD, author of DASH Diet for Two
- Shannon Garcia, RD, owner of Kiss in the Kitchen
- Leah Forristall, RD, food blogger at Simply Nutrition
- Melissa Mitri, RD, owner of Melissa Mitri Nutrition
- Anne Mauney, RD, nutrition blogger at Fannetastic Food
- Brittany Poulson, RD, author of The Healthy Family Cookbook
- Sarah Pflugardt, RD, owner of Sarah Pflugardt Nutrition
- Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD, author of Expect the Best
- Josten Fish, RD, food blogger at Muscle & Manna
I’d love to hear from you! What are your favorite healthy recipes to make with overripe brown bananas?
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, you can support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you so much.
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to get updates delivered straight to your inbox! Also, download my free 3-day vegan meal plan.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of plant-based meal plans, grocery lists, recipe books, and more!