- October 9, 2022
- Modified On: September 13, 2022
- by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
- 0 Comments
Sweet Potato Flatbread with Cauliflower
Looking for a delicious sweet potato flatbread recipe? This flatbread loaded with cauliflower is an easy, tasty vegetarian meal.
This sweet potato flatbread pizza is beyond delicious and is one of the tastiest flatbread pizza recipes you’ll ever try.
Swap a traditional tomato sauce base for pureed sweet potato, and you’ll get a boost of eye-helping vitamin A and fiber!
Over my many pizza-loving years, I’ve enjoyed traditional pizzas with tomato sauce, as well as white pizzas and ones drizzled with pesto.
But when I started thinking about how to add extra nutrition to my pizza, I realized I’d never had a pizza with sweet potato. So I set out to create a tasty and nutrient-rich version! Enter this sweet potato flatbread pizza recipe.
You’ll need a handful of ingredients to make sweet potato flatbread:
Cauliflower and shallot: You can use any cauliflower you desire, but I chose purple for a boost of color, as well as nutrition from the antioxidants that give the cauliflower its color. The cauliflower provides immunity-helping vitamin C.
Flatbread pizza crust: To make sweet potato flatbread, you need flatbread crust. I like to use a low-carb one, such as Flatout Rustic White Artisan Thin Pizza Crust. The crust is low in calories and filled with satiating protein and fiber.
If you’re gluten free, you can substitute in a gluten-free crust.
The benefit of buying ready-to-go pizza crust? There’s no rolling pin required!
Sweet potato: You can puree your own, but I like to use canned sweet potato puree to make the prep go faster. The sweet potato adds a boost of eye-helping vitamin A, plus satiating fiber.
Chipotle, thyme, and black pepper: These seasonings add a burst of flavor for very little calories.
Fontina cheese: You’ll use just a little to add some protein to the recipe.
To make sweet potato flatbread, first preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
Treat a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cauliflower pieces on tray, and coat with spray oil. Roast 20 minutes, turning once.
Remove, and place in a small bowl. Re-coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Lower oven temperature to 375° Fahrenheit. Place pizza crust on sheet, and bake for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine sweet potato and chipotle in a small bowl.
Remove pizza crust from oven, and spread with sweet potato mixture. Top with cheese, cauliflower, shallots, thyme, and black pepper. Bake an additional 4 minutes.
Slice, and serve immediately.
I had this pizza for lunch with a side of roasted veggies—I roasted extra cauliflower to serve up! The combo was super delicious, and I’m thinking of whipping it up again soon for an easy gourmet meal that I can serve up for my husband and I.
This depends on the flatbread recipe you’re following, but this recipe contains 220 calories per serving, which is half a flatbread.
A potato with the skin on contains more fiber, which means that it is less likely to raise blood sugar. Sweet potatoes typically contain more fiber than white potatoes.
More healthy pizza recipes
If you enjoy this sweet potato flatbread, you’ll also enjoy:
- Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza with Mushrooms
- Feta Spinach Pizza with Honey
- Healthy Fruit Pizza with Cream Cheese
- White Bean Pizza on Naan Bread
This recipe was originally part of a partnership with Flatout.
Sweet Potato Flatbread with Cauliflower
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ small head cauliflower, de-stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 Flatout Rustic White Artisan Thin Pizza Crust or gluten-free crust, if necessary
- ⅔ cup canned sweet potato puree
- ¼ tsp ground chipotle
- ½ shallot, thinly sliced
- 1¼ ounces Fontina cheese, shredded or vegan cheese, if necessary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Treat a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cauliflower pieces on tray, and coat with spray oil.
- Roast 20 minutes, turning once.
- Remove, and place in a small bowl. Re-coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Lower oven temperature to 375° Fahrenheit. Place pizza crust on sheet, and bake for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sweet potato and chipotle in a small bowl.
- Remove pizza crust from oven, and spread with sweet potato mixture. Top with cheese, cauliflower, shallots, thyme, and black pepper.
- Bake an additional 4 minutes.
- Slice, and serve immediately.
I’d love to hear from you! Let me know if you make this sweet potato cauliflower flatbread recipe! What are your other favorite Flatout recipes? What are your other favorite flat bread recipes? What do you love making with mashed sweet potatoes?
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, you can support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you so much.
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to get updates delivered straight to your inbox! Also, download my free 3-day vegan meal plan.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of plant-based meal plans, grocery lists, recipe books, and more!