If it feels like you’re in your house 24/7 these days, you might be going stir crazy. What to do when you are bored at home during the coronavirus quarantine? Read on for lots of ideas!
Many of us have been social distancing and staying home for awhile now. And at this point, if you’re like me, the Netflix queue is drying up and I’ve made more loaves of bread this month than I made in the last five years!
Since the widespread stay-at-home orders don’t look like they’ll be easing up anytime soon, how are you supposed to make the most of this time without going stir crazy?
I’ve got a few ideas. In this blog post , I’m sharing all the ways you can keep up your social life while self isolating, along with a few self-care tips from someone who’s survived quarantine life in Italy. You’ll also find a recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and teach your kids some new kitchen skills.
Plus, if you’re a healthcare worker (or know of one) working with COVID-19 patients, you can spend some time signing up for my #ShareFoodNotCovid project, in which major food brands will donate snacks and food to you and your team.
Let’s get started!recipe for the most delicious gluten-free mocktail that’s sure to satisfy everyone at the table. Ready to get started?
How to Maintain a Thriving Social Life While Self Isolating
Zoom happy hours have become the norm nowadays, but they aren’t the only way you can stay in touch with friends and have some sort of a social life. I shared my favorite social activity that’s guaranteed to make your day in this MyFitnessPal article.
Next week, you can bet you’ll find me hosting a virtual wine tasting (or water tasting!) night with my family and trying out some of these other super fun pastimes. Need other ideas for all the free time you currently have?
Try these activities to pass the time when you’re feeling bored:
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in awhile.
- Start an online course. Whether it’s a painting class, an SEO course, or something else altogether, it’s sure to keep you busy!
- Read a book. Maybe it’s the novel that your favorite TV series is based on!
- Play a video game.
- Take a Google maps tour of a local park.
- Go on virtual tours of museums.
- Color in adult coloring books.
- Write a letter to an old buddy.
- Watch a funny YouTube video.
- Rearrange the living room furniture.
- Watch the movie version of your favorite musical.
- Re-watch your favorite TV shows.
- Listen to a podcast.
- Play board games with your partner, kids, or roommate.
- Start learning a new language.
- Make your own ice cream.
- Create your ow music videos.
- Put together a vision board.
- Create a time capsule with your family.
- Have a viewing party with movies on Netflix
- Do a social media cleanse and mute anyone on Instagram who isn’t a positive contribution to your life.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Sleep! Don’t forget the basic things. If you’re feeling tired, take a nap.
See, don’t you feel good already? If you have lots of time on your hands, try at least one of these activities a day.
What We Can Learn From the Coronavirus in Italy
Reminder: The folks in Italy have been dealing with the coronavirus—and the social isolation that comes with it—much longer than we have in the United States.
That’s why I asked my friend who’s based in Cortona, Italy to share her experience on my blog, including her self-care practices.
From baking and beyond, you’ll definitely want to put some of her ideas into action in your own home. They’ve helped keep her sane, and I bet they’ll help you, too!
Amy’s Recipe to Try
You’ll love this baked good: Avocado Chocolate Brownies!
If you’re like me, you’re probably craving some major comfort food right now. And while cakes and cookies sound delicious, they might not make you feel so great afterward…if you eat them all the time.
Enter these avocado-based chocolate brownies. Jam-packed with heart-healthy ingredients, these gluten-free treats will hit the spot without spiking your blood sugar. Plus, they’re super easy to make with your little ones. Just try your best not to eat the batter.
Next, find out how to easily get groceries delivered during the pandemic!
- 10 Ways to Maintain a Thriving Social Life While Self-Isolating, MyFitnessPal.com
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you!
I’d love to hear from you! Have these ideas helped you figure out what to do when you are bored at home during the COVID-19 quarantine?
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of my fave tip sheets, cookbooks, kitchen products, and more! Check it out!
Also check out my Etsy shop! Use code 10PERCENT for 10% off!
Find this post helpful? At no additional cost to you, you can support the maintenance of running this site by using my Amazon affiliate links to shop. Thank you so much.
Want to go shopping with a dietitian? Here’s your chance! I just opened up my very own storefront, full of plant-based meal plans, grocery lists, recipe books, and more!